Saturday, January 3, 2009

Colorado Day Two

I decided to take it easy with Capps on Monday, and took some pictures on our walk. Just gorgeous!

This is the River Run slope ( which was virtually straight down). To the left are the Gondolas that took you up to the top of Dercum Mountain, which is 11,600 miles above sea level. The air is so thin up there! It's just hard to walk.


My sister, Aunt Kat, came along with us to help watch Capps on most days. We debated on whether or not to bring him- and I basically decided I would miss him too much, especially since the whole family would be there. I didn't want to leave him out!



This is on our Dinner Sleigh Ride, which is the one event that I was looking forward to the most. We took a bus trip out to a valley where a horse-drawn sleigh was waiting for us. It wound us around for about 15 minutes before we were taken to a wonderful log cabin and fed a fabulous cowboy dinner with steak, mashed potatoes, buttermilk biscuits, and beef stew. It was so good!








The girls really enjoyed the ride!









This is a picture that I snapped of the sunset on my way out to the solar paneled outhouse. The nicest outhouse that I've ever seen!

During dinner, we had a great cowboy singer perform a lot of old country songs- which to my surprise, Tres knew all of them! Capps really enjoyed dancing while he ate his dinner.

Gigi and Laney trying to square dance!

No comments: